Finding Migraine Pain Relief
Understanding Why You’re Having Migraines
Migraines can be triggered by any number of causes including:
- Nerve pressure in the spine;
- Imbalances in the hormone production for women;
- Adrenal fatigue and low cortisol production for men and women;
- Poor bowel elimination resulting in toxic migraines;
- Magnesium deficiency;
- Toxic exposure to perfumes, chemicals in a work environment, lotions, soaps etc.;
- Heavy metal toxicity such as mercury from amalgam fillings or eating too much seafood containing mercury;
- Thyroid imbalances and blood sugar fluctuations can also cause them;
- Stress from unhealthy relationships at home or work;
- Clenching and grinding teeth or impacted wisdom teeth.
How A Chiropractor Administers Migraine Pain Relief
When a patient comes in we will take a wholistic approach focusing on the spinal system and nerve supply, as well as the patient’s diet and lifestyle, work environment and history of treatment. We will refer patients to receive any necessary blood work, gut testing for systemic inflammation, adrenal panel testing and hormone panel testing.
As a chiropractor we will focus on the spinal component of treatment and introduce exercise, with dietary recommendations. When the cause of the migraine is nerve pressure in the spine the chiropractor can help with a series of adjustments. The typical locations are the lower or upper neck, the jaw alignment, the lower mid back and low back for nerve supply to the adrenal glands, ovaries and bowel.
Proper testing and corrective adjustments will not only provide migraine pain relief, but also find the root cause for our patients’ migraines, potentially providing long term relief from these debilitating symptoms.
*Please complete the form to request an appointment.
*Please note you do not have an appointment until you receive confirmation from us.